OPEN CALL FOR SPRING 2019
The Gothenburg IASPIS-group is looking for proposals to invite an international designer or crafts-oriented artist that, through the International Artists Studio Program In Sweden, will be eligible for a 3-month residency-working grant at a guest studio located at Konstepidemin.
Two artists are invited each year via International Artists Studio Program In Sweden/Göteborg (IASPIS/Gbg). The IASPIS-group of Gothenburg selects two of the proposals and then a final decision is conducted by a delegation from The Swedish Arts Grants Committee, which also provides the support for travel costs and the stipend for the selected artist/designer.
Please note that this open call is not an open call that the proposed artist themselves apply for, but rather the proposal is made by a local host on behalf of the suggested artist – as the residency is to promote and provide support for exchange between international artists and local Gothenburg artists, institutions and other art initiatives.
The current application is for a residency during March – May, Spring 2019. The selected artist will receive a stipend of 15 000 sek/month for living and working expenses as well as access to one of Konstepidemins guest studios which also serves as living quarters. Konstepidemins residency program and the Gothenburg Iaspis-group will do their best to support the visiting artist/designer to have a valuable exchange with the city and local art scene.
OPEN CALL 2019 – DEADLINE MAY 6th
Proposals for artists regarding the upcoming residency period should be sent by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on May 6, latest.
The proposal should include:
– Complete Name, address and contact for both the proposed artist/designer, as well as for the contact person submitting the proposal.
– Link to website or onlineportfolio for proposed artist/designer (An attachment with a portfolio of under 6mb is also acceptable)
– Short presentation of the designer and their work of max. 500 words
– Short description of any potential planned activities (workshops, shows, etc.) or projects that the artist/designer might engage in whilst in Gothenburg.
– Proposed artists, designers, etc. that the visiting designer/artist might meet during the residency period.
– Please note that the proposed designer/artist must have been contacted and been familiarized with the circumstances for the residency before the proposal is submitted.
The invited artist should be an artist that could be expected to engage in a rewarding exchange with the regional art scene and that might provide valuable experiences for our relationship with the outside world.
The Gothenburg IASPIS-group consists of representatives from: Göteborgs Konsthall, Valand Academy, Röhsska, Göteborgs Konstmuseum, GIBCA, Röda Sten, HDK, Gallery Four, Gallery 54, Konstepidemin, as well as Gallery Box that is currently acting as Convener of the group.